Join the team at Marathon Engineering & Environmental Services, Inc. Since 1997, we have brought experience and expertise in civil engineering, environmental permitting, and environmental investigations to create cutting-edge solutions for land development and redevelopment in New Jersey, Pennsylvania, and beyond.
We are looking to grow our team! Find out about the positions we’re hiring for below.
Now Hiring For The Following Positions
AutoCAD/Civil 3D Draftsperson for Land Surveying and/or Civil Engineering Design- Position Overview
Job description: Marathon Engineering & Environmental Services, Inc. is a consulting firm with over 26 years of distinguished service concentrated in New Jersey, Eastern Pennsylvania, and the Greater Delaware Valley. We have multiple openings for positions in our Land Surveying and Civil Engineering departments.
Required Skills and Attributes: Applicants must have experience with AutoCAD/Civil 3D and demonstrate excellent communication skills. Successful candidates must also demonstrate the ability to work as part of a team and independently. Applicants are desired to be computer literate, good with mathematics, and well versed in multiple CAD standards & environments.
Job Types: Full-time
Education: High school Diploma or equivalent
Work Location: In person, Swedesboro, New Jersey
Environmental Scientist – Position Overview
The successful candidate will have an educational background in biology, environmental science, ecology, civil / environmental engineering, or related field. The successful candidate will perform field and office tasks for wetland delineations, soil investigations, habitat assessments, and environmental permitting in support of land development projects.
· Bachelor’s degree in Ecology, Biology, Environmental Science, Civil / Environmental Engineering, or similar.
· 0-2 years of experience with wetland delineations.
· 0-2 years of experience with soil investigations for stormwater and septic design.
· 0-2 years of experience in environmental / land use permitting.
· Experience in performing various routine field activities involving data collection, sampling, and identification of vegetation, soils, water resources, and wildlife.
· Ability to work independently or as a team in the field.
· Ability to perform data calculations.
· Experience in preparing spreadsheets, letters, and reports.
· Experience in using GIS and / or CAD to create maps or plans.
· Ability to assist in the preparation of the major components of routine deliverables (i.e., tables, figures, appendices, etc.).
· Ability to manage tasks or projects to develop project management skills.
· Wetlands Professional in Training (WPIT), Engineer in Training (EIT), or similar certification preferred but not required.
Physical Demands / Work Environment Conditions
This is an entry-level position that involves working in the field independently or as part of a team at project sites, including undeveloped properties (fields and woodlands) and developed properties (construction sites and residential, commercial, industrial, and public properties). The field work includes investigating and mapping streams, wetlands, vegetation, soils, and wildlife habitats to help determine if a site is suitable for development and to help identify environmental constraints and permitting needs. These field activities require the ability to drive to different project sites and walk / navigate in various terrains, in adverse weather conditions, and occasionally for extended or irregular hours. The field work involves the use of hand-held sampling equipment and tools, which requires the ability to routinely lift and carry objects, stand, walk, reach, bend, squat, kneel, and twist. Office work is primarily stationary / sedentary using a computer and keyboard / mouse requiring repetitive hand movements.