MUNICIPAL ENGINEERING AND PLANNING CONSULTANT
Township of Mullica, Atlantic County, New Jersey
Marathon has served the Township of Mullica as its Municipal Engineering and Professional Planning consultant for all aspects of its needs over a period of more than 17 years. Projects during that period included preparation of plans and specifications for various construction projects; review of applications for development for the Planning Board and Zoning Board of Adjustment; preparation of an Environmental Resource Inventory for the Environmental Commission; preparation of Master Plan Updates and Zoning Ordinance revisions; and preparation of other draft ordinances for consideration by the Township Committee.
Many of the projects required close interaction with numerous State Agencies, especially the New Jersey Pinelands Commission as a prerequisite to project completion and success.
A representative list of Construction Projects includes:
- Reconstruction of Railroad Avenue – This project was completed under the NJDOT Local Aid program. It was constructed in three phases and included environmental cleanup of hazardous waste.
- Year 1998 and Year 2000 Road Improvement Programs – These projects included the reconstruction of sections of 15 municipal streets. They included extensive involvement with the New Jersey Pinelands Commission regarding the freshwater wetlands and archeological preservation programs.
- Reconstruction of Indian Cabin Road – This project was also completed under the NJDOT Local Aid program in two phases. It involved extensive coordination with the New Jersey Pinelands Commission regarding the freshwater wetlands program. There have been numerous other Projects completed under the NJDOT Local Aid program with varying degrees of environmental complexity. They include: Reconstruction of Fifth Avenue; Reconstruction of Richards Road; and Reconstruction of Darmstadt Avenue.
- Recreation Complex Expansion – This project included the planning of the ultimate expansion of the complex; obtaining State and County approvals for the complete project; and preparation of construction contracts in three phases to construct a Skate Board Park, Soccer Fields, Baseball/Softball Fields, parking and drives as well as an irrigation system.
- Demolition of Dilapidated Structures and Tire Removal – These projects were completed under grants from the Atlantic County Improvement Authority and included the demolition (with asbestos control), removal and disposal of abandoned structures as well as cleanup of tire dump sites throughout the municipality.
- Reroofing of the Public Works Garage, Construction of Fuel Tank Storage Shed and Construction of Salt Shed – These projects included design and construction to upgrade existing facilities as well as construction of new buildings for the Public Works Department.
- Stormwater Management Improvements for Various Streets – These projects were also completed under grants from the Atlantic County Improvement Authority in targeted Low Income areas of the municipality and were designed to correct existing drainage problems.
- Landfill Closure Report to NJDEP and SESC Certifications for Landfill and Compost Facility.
Other general services performed for the municipality include:
- Maintenance of various maps such as Tax Maps, Zoning Maps, Open Space Maps, Ward Maps, Drug Free Zone Maps and Sex Offender Maps.
- Update data for the National Flood Insurance Program.
- Master Plan and Land Use Ordinance amendments.
- Green Acres and CDBG Grant Applications.
- Preparation of NJDEP Landfill Closure Report.
Client : Township Mullica Township
Contact: Kimberly Johnson, RMC
P.O. Box 317
Elwood, New Jersey 08217
Period of Performance:
1997 – present
David F. Wood, PE
Jason T. Sciullo, PE
Jesse D. Dougherty, PE
Donald W. Brickner